What to do when you have a concern
I have a concern about my health and safety, who can I speak with to get help?
If you have questions or concerns about your health and safety, there are a number of resources available to you:
- Your steward or OH&S member
- Your worksite Joint OH&S Committee
- You can call the WorkSafeBC Prevention Information Line: 604-276-3100 in the Lower Mainland or 1-888-621-7233 toll-free within B.C.
I have been injured at work or have a work-related illness, what should I do?
- Tell your supervisor or manager.
- Seek first aid or medical attention for your injury. Be sure to tell your doctor your injury is work related. If you have a needlestick or medical sharp injury, be seen at a hospital within 2 hours for assessment.
- Report your injury or illness.
- Make sure to complete all the required forms and accident books
- Remember to always report your injury as soon as possible; it's a requirement of WorkSafeBC.
- Make sure you keep copies for your own records. For more information or assistance, contact your UPN Steward or OH&S representative.